Thursday, June 12, 2008

The coolest wasp EVER

I was sitting outside on the steps of my deck this morning just minding my own business, when a wasp landed right next to me. As in, five inches from me. He just chilled out there until I went inside. Why would he do that? Aren't wasps, or any stinging bug, supposed to terrorize us with a kamikaze-style buzzing attack? Or at least be annoying? I figure he must be...

1. unaware of his role as a wasp in this relationship

2. a pacifist wasp brave enough to march to the beat of his own drum, while trying to build good-will in the wasp-human relationship

3. stupid

P.S - He was such a cool little guy I didn't smash him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you know I love you girl, but I don't have any sympathy for stinging flying creatures and probably would have smashed him when his guard was evidently down...his weakness=my gain ;-)

Unknown said...

You missed the invasion of the grasshoppers! I was willing to live amicably until I sat down for coffee this morning (probably the same spot you shared with Mr. Wasp)and noticed that a major portion of the honeysuckle was eaten-totally! No mercy on those guys now!