Sunday, June 1, 2008

I really dislike titles and think I will end up leaving this blank most of the time.

The task of thinking up a title intimidates me...a lot. So much so that I actually just wrote an entire sentence for a title. And as I learned in English class - titles are not supposed to be sentences, oh well.

It's always the hardest part of a paper and I always do it last. There's just too much hanging on a title. Too much pressure. For example: what if you pick a boring title for something that is actually very interesting, but then no one reads it because you're such a horrible title-thinker-upper? All that time spent on writing your very interesting paper or book or blog post is lost because you have chosen a bad title. How stressful.

I got on here to write about something else but I don't remember what it was. But I'm sure it was more important than my title-phobia. That little box that asks for the title of your post popped up before I even got to writing and knocked it right out of my head. I'll have to figure out how to ignore that little box. Or how to title things. One of the two...

No comments: