Saturday, November 15, 2008

An Audience

While Sarah and I were prepping some stuff for dinner we had two kids staring in our window at us. They just kind of ran around the house and would say something then hide behind a window. For about an hour they stared at us through the window, I felt like I was in a zoo. Imagine having two kids stare at you through the window for an hour - it was so bizarre! I mean, I understand that Sarah and I are an anomaly here, but it would be nice to escape the constant audience when we get home at night. Just a good reminder about why we're here and that our time (and privacy) is not our own here in Haiti. And while it's tiring and annoying, these are the instances that will really try our hearts and teach us how to approach everything in love...when things are not so easy.

But they DO know they're not supposed to be there because every time that Dave would come by they would hide from him. Then finally he saw them and told them to get off the grounds. It was all really awkward and we both feel like it'll happen again. Anybody have suggestions as to what to do about an audience of children?

No comments: