Monday, April 4, 2011

I think springtime is here? Thunderstorms at night, cherry blossoms, daily high temps swinging between 80 and 50...yep, it's here. Also, I just finished reading The House on Mango Street, by Sandra Cisneros and the cover was turquoise, so that definitely makes it feel like springtime, the turquoise. I liked it. It's really easy to pick up and put down whenever and you don't have to put in any effort to getting in and out of a storyline, so that was a nice change from Oliver Twist, which is the other fiction book I'm (sloooowly) reading now. I think Oliver Twist is more of a winter book.

In other random news, I printed out all my paperwork for WHI today and will be filling that out this week. Finally, I have something to do for Haiti prep stuff. If you're just catching up, I'm planning to go to Haiti this summer for 12-15 months in a paired placement through WHI. I'll tell you more about that in another post. In regards to Haiti though, it looks like Martelly won the Presidential election. So we'll see how that goes...

No comments: