Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Returning the 13th!

I'm going back to Haiti on the 13th of March!

These last 2 months since the earthquake have been such a whirlwind of emotion and business in dealing with everything on top of normal life, but now I have something solid to share! But between that and my horrible upkeep of this blog, here is a post for you!

World Hope is sending relief teams to Haiti and I get to go on a team based out of my church's college ministry, The Gathering. We will be going to Petit Goave, Haiti, which is where we have served consistently on each of the past trips. There is a medical clinic set up on the property of the Wesleyan church there and we will be based there. We have 2 medical personnel and a pastor on the team, as well as a few very capable volunteers (incl. me!) and the team will be helping to get basic supplies to people and care for people in the emotional, spiritual, psychological, and physical stresses being dealt with in the aftermath of the earthquake.

Not everyone can go to Haiti right now, but everyone can help. There are 3 ways that you can help the people of Haiti:

1. Pray: If you are a praying person - we need you. Most of the requests I've gotten from friends in Petit Goave are for prayer, more than anything else. Please pray for the people we'll be helping and for myself and the team as well.

2. Donate: Please be part of making this relief effort possible - you can do so by contributing HERE.

3. Stay tuned in. Keep up with what's happening in Haiti as the days go by. Don't let it slip out of your mind just because it's no longer in the media. If you don't know how to do that, I have an idea: subscribe to my blog, Brett's blog (he has great pictures from when he was there), or The Gathering blog. We'll work to keep you updated and when a post is written, BAM! It ends up in your email inbox. Super-easy!

No comments: